Forensic Engineers · Accident Reconstructionists
Know the facts
… before you ask the questions.
604 572 9900
604 572 9900
Motor Vehicle Collisions
Our technical investigations utilize leading edge research combined with the scientific knowledge and experience of industry leading engineers. With specialized attention, we apply systematic and complex methods to technically assess all contributing factors leading to the event of a collision.
Our reconstruction team investigates the human and mechanical factors contributing to the event of a collision.
- Heavy truck
- Speed evaluation
- Collision sequence and dynamics
- Seat belt usage and effectiveness
- Headlamp on or off
- Air bag deployment
- Driver identification
- Collision avoidance potential
- Perception response time
- DNA collection
- Tire failure causation
- Mechanical failure
- Brake function
- Sideswipe collision analysis
- Incident scene geometry
- Black box data collection and analysis
- Fire origin and causation
Slip Trip and Fall
A slip occurs when an individual loses traction between his or her foot and the surface on which is being traversed. When the individual falls as a result of this loss of traction, a slip and fall incident has occurred.
The slip resistance between a walking surface and an individual’s foot is dependent
upon several parameters:
• The floor material and finish
• An individual’s shoe material and texture
• Environmental surface contaminants
• Pedestrian gait dynamics
If an individual encounters a slippery surface (or lower slip resistance) while making a downward step, it is likely that the introduction of the slippery surface would be unexpected. This sudden decrease in slip resistance may initiate a slip and fall accident. The analysis of a slip and fall incident may include any of the following:
• Assessing the frictional properties between walking surface and shoe material
• Assessing the difference in slip resistance between adjacent walking surfaces
• Analysis of an individual’s walking pattern
• Testing of the floor material in accordance with applicable standards
• Assessing the conformity of existing floor material slip resistance, floor/stair
construction, or handrails, with applicable codes and standards
Consumer Product Failures
In some instances, consumer products are also prone to failure and as a consequence injuries may result. We have worked on a wide array of accidents involving consumer products; for example:
• Hand Rails failed while and individual was descending stairs.
• Unstable garbage dumpster lid fell on an individual’s head.
• An individual was using an adjustable crutch when it collapsed under normal use.
• An individual fell from an unstable step ladder.
Each accident involving consumer product is unique. Please call us to see if we can assist you in your specific case.
Our publications are peer reviewed and independently validated by other researchers. Our methodologies are practical and consistently employed by other engineers and law enforcement agencies.